Short Path Distillery is seeking professional, outgoing, hospitality-driven tour guides to join our team. Tours will be offered to guests of our cocktail bar throughout the weekends (Fridays-Sundays) at various hours. The ideal candidates for this position have a genuine interest in distilling/spirits, excellent communication skills, are energetic, timely, and well-organized.
Tour Guides are trained and expected to be knowledgable in our production methods, company history, and spirits.
Friday and Saturday availability is a must.
Founded by three friends connected by a deeply shared passion for spirits, Short Path Distillery specializes in creating a variety of distinct and flavorful craft spirits. By combining old world distilling techniques with a new world, science-based approach to spirit development, we’re able to create unique spirits that break the mold without reinventing the wheel.
The cocktail bar at Short Path Distillery is an extension of our production facility from which we serve our house-made craft cocktails. We pride ourselves on creating exceptional cocktails made with fresh ingredients that appeal to all audiences. From hand-juiced citrus to freshly made syrups, our team excels at creating delicious drinks that show off our unique 20+ spirits.
We also operate a retail store from which folks can shop around and purchase spirits, bottled cocktails, apparel, glassware, and more.
In addition, our spirits can be found at 200+ stores, restaurants, and bars throughout Massachusetts and Maine. We’re also in the midst of implementing an expansion plan to grow our distribution outside of these states and into new select targeted markets.
- Set up, maintain, and clean tour space area
- Greet ticket holders
- Encourage bar patrons to purchase tickets to upcoming tour sessions
- Comfortably present tour script to large groups of visitors
- Answer guest questions
- Pour spirit samples and cocktails
- Perform sales transactions as needed (operate POS system)
The compensation for this job is $15/hour plus gratuity.
- Excellent communication skills
- Outgoing and charismatic
- Timely and well-organized
- Has a passion for craft spirits / bartending
- Strong memorization skills
- Reliable form of transportation
- Flexible weekend-based availability of 8-16 hours per weekend
- Previous tour guide experience preferred
- Bartending experience preferred but not required
- Boozy benefits