Short Path Distillery is seeking a hardworking, reliable, hospitality-driven addition to join our management team. As a key leader to the distillery staff, the Manager on Duty must ensure the bar operates smoothly with sufficient stock and staff at all times. The ideal candidate for this position must have a genuine love of hospitality and thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This individual excels at maintaining a courteous and professional demeanor with customers as well as staff. The Manager on Duty is responsible for executing all systems and operational details to ensure the consistency and accuracy among staff as well as the comfort, safety, and enjoyment of guests.
Founded by three friends connected by a deeply shared passion for spirits, Short Path Distillery specializes in creating a variety of distinct and flavorful craft spirits. By combining old world distilling techniques with a new world, science-based approach to spirit development, we’re able to create unique spirits that break the mold without reinventing the wheel.
The cocktail bar at Short Path Distillery is an extension of our production facility from which we serve our house-made craft cocktails. We pride ourselves on creating exceptional cocktails made with fresh ingredients that appeal to all audiences. From hand-juiced citrus to freshly made syrups, our team excels at creating delicious drinks that show off our unique 20+ spirits.
We also operate an online retail store from which folks can order spirits, bottled cocktails, cocktail kits, merch, and more for pickup or delivery within an 8-mile radius. Takeout orders can also be placed at the front entrance during regular business hours.
In addition, our spirits can be found at 100+ stores, restaurants, and bars throughout Massachusetts. We’re also in the midst of implementing an expansion plan to grow our distribution outside of Massachusetts and into select targeted markets.
- Manages front of house operations
- Oversees opening and/or closing procedures depending on the shift
- Runs host stand during select shifts; includes greeting/seating parties and distributing pickup orders
- Manages staff; Communicates and enforces policies and procedures, ensues that they are attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to guests and other employees
- Establishes and achieves quality guest satisfaction; responds in a courteous and prompt manner to questions, complaints and/or requests
- Manages cash
- Uses the P.O.S. system to print reports, issue refunds, etc.
- Complies with security, fire, health and safety regulations; addresses issues when necessary
- Assists other departments as necessary and maintains good working relationships with all distillery staff
- Restaurant and/or management experience preferred
- Flexible availability, including opening and/or closing 5 nights per week (Sat-Wed), and working select holidays as needed
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment
- Must demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong conflict resolution/management and decision-making skills
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions
- Ability to lift 40+ lbs
- Working in warehouse conditions