Short Path Distillery is seeking an experienced, hospitality-driven server to join our team.
We’re currently operating with table service on our outdoor patio Thursdays through Sundays for food and cocktail pitchers with no immediate plans for indoor service.
We have strict Covid guidelines in place to ensure a safe environment for staff and guests.
Founded by three friends connected by a deeply shared passion for spirits, Short Path Distillery specializes in creating a variety of distinct and flavorful craft spirits. By combining old world distilling techniques with a new world, science-based approach to spirit development, we’re able to create unique spirits that break the mold without reinventing the wheel.
The cocktail bar at Short Path Distillery is an extension of our production facility from which we serve our house-made craft cocktails. We pride ourselves on creating exceptional cocktails made with fresh ingredients that appeal to all audiences. From hand-juiced citrus to freshly made syrups, our team excels at creating delicious drinks that show off our unique 20+ spirits.
We also operate an online retail store from which folks can order spirits, bottled cocktails, cocktail kits, merch, and more for pickup or delivery within an 8-mile radius. Takeout orders can also be placed at the front entrance during regular business hours.
In addition, our spirits can be found at 100+ stores, restaurants, and bars throughout Massachusetts. We’re also in the midst of implementing an expansion plan to grow our distribution outside of Massachusetts and into select targeted markets.
- Help prep bar needs prior to each shift
- Prepare the patio for service on opening shifts
- Interact with and provide excellent service to guests
- Take orders, serve pitchers, food, and bottles
- Assess customers' needs and preferences and help make recommendations
- Comply with all food and beverage regulations
- Bus and sanitize tables, maintain a clean atmosphere
- Follow cash handling procedures
- Monitor the alcohol consumption of guests to ensure they are not over served
- Understand the Short Path Distillery brand and products
- Friendly, outgoing, engaging
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Serving experience preferred
- TIPS Certified (we can assist with getting you certified)
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs and be on your feet for several hours at a time
- Able to work in warehouse conditions - hot summer days due to direct fire stills, loud bar atmosphere at times
- Boozy benefits! 1 drink per shift
- Compensation is $6/hour plus pooled tips